By Fred M. Leventhal,Roland Quinault
Read Online or Download Anglo-American Attitudes: From Revolution to Partnership PDF
Best british & irish contemporary literature books
Christians in post-Reformation England inhabited a tradition of conversion. Required to decide on between rival kinds of worship, many could move - and sometimes recross - the boundary among Protestantism and Catholicism. This research considers the poetry written by means of such converts, from the reign of Elizabeth I to that of James II, focusing on 4 figures: John Donne, William Alabaster, Richard Crashaw, and John Dryden.
James Bromley argues that Renaissance texts flow wisdom a few number of non-standard sexual practices and intimate lifestyles narratives, together with non-monogamy, anal eroticism, masochism and cross-racial girl homoeroticism. Rethinking present assumptions approximately intimacy in Renaissance drama, poetry and prose, the e-book blends historicized and queer methods to embodiment, narrative and temporality.
Only in the near past have students all started to notice Margaret Cavendish’s references to 'God,' 'spirits,' and the 'rational soul,' and little has been released during this regard. This quantity addresses that shortage by means of taking on the theological threads woven into Cavendish’s principles approximately nature, subject, magic, governance, and social family, with exact consciousness given to Cavendish’s literary and philosophical works.
The ebook explores the discursive and theoretical stipulations for conceptualizing the postethnic literary. It historicizes US multicultural and postcolonial stories as institutionalized discursive formations, which represent a paratext that regulates the reception of literary texts in response to the paradigm of representativeness.
- The Complete Voorkamer Stories
- Beard Fetish in Early Modern England: Sex, Gender, and Registers of Value (Women and Gender in the Early Modern World)
- Disraeli the Novelist: Volume 10 (Routledge Library Editions: The Nineteenth-Century Novel)
- The William Makepeace Thackeray Library: Volume II - Early Travel Writings: Volume 2 (Routledge Revivals: The William Makepeace Thackeray Library)
- Conan Doyle: Writing, Profession, and Practice
- Writing Illness and Identity in Seventeenth-Century Britain (Palgrave Studies in Literature, Science and Medicine)
Extra resources for Anglo-American Attitudes: From Revolution to Partnership
Anglo-American Attitudes: From Revolution to Partnership by Fred M. Leventhal,Roland Quinault